Granite Lodge first met on the 14th February 1884, one hundred years later various events were organised to celebrate the centenary, one of which was the presentation of a set of commemorative plates to the brethren.
So far little is known of them, however we can see from the printing on the reverse:
"A Limited Edition of 60 plates to commemorate the Centenary of The Granite Lodge No. 2028 Consecrated on the 14th February 1884 at Narborough, Leicestershire"
Inside the original packaging is a certificate which states:
"The Staffordshire Collection Ltd, Fine Bone China Plate. Commissioned to commemorate the Centenary of The Granite Lodge No. 2028 - 14th February 1984 - in a limited edition of 60 plates of which this is number 4"
The plate was kindly donated by Lesley Patterson who had a relative in the Lodge at the time the plates were given out, the late Bro. Kenneth Greaves.
At the time of the Centenary, W.Bro John P. Phillis was Master of the Lodge, the task now begins to find out more about the plates and where the others maybe residing.